Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If u file injured spouse and your spouse only worked but u are in community property state.?

so i'm still eligible to file injured spouse w/o income but it's really my spouse tax return and we have seperate bank accounts how can i get my injured spouse portion direct deposited into my own account i didn't opt for it b/c he's not getting refund my name isn't on his account so how will check be issued?could i have put account info on return but his name is not on my account either but we did file jointlyIf u file injured spouse and your spouse only worked but u are in community property state.?
Last I heard (and I'm in TX, a community property state), Injured spouse isn't going to help you get a refund AT ALL. All it does, is absolve you of any responsibility to pay HIS business taxes.





YOU can't get a refund, if you didn't work - there's nothing to refund. If you are married filing jointly, that's where the injured spouse bit comes in.





You can't use it to ';attach'; part of his income tax return.





Income tax return checks get issued in the name of the filer. So if you filed married - joint - both names will be on the check, it can't be deposited/cashed without both signatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment