Sunday, August 22, 2010

How long after your spouse dies is it acceptable to start dating again?

I don't think there is any acceptable time frame given, I think that it is completely up to you, now if you have children who have lost their father involved, I would use caution when starting to date again, children may not overcome death in the same time frame or manner as an adult.How long after your spouse dies is it acceptable to start dating again?
Ultimately when you're ready, and for most people that's at least a year, sometimes several years. In situations where you nursed your spouse and it was a long goodbye, widows/widowers often rebound more quickly because they already did some grieving prior to the death. So for them, sometimes just a few months can be enough. I highly encourage you to get some counseling first to help you figure out who you are without your spouse, and to help you determine what kinds of qualities you'd be looking for in a new relationship so you don't end up in a rebound situation. Best wishes.How long after your spouse dies is it acceptable to start dating again?
Everyone is different there is not an acceptable time to start dating again. However, I have heard several people say six months to grieve. I don't believe that fits everyone. If you were close it might take even longer, if you were having problems then it might not take six months.


Don't worry about what other peoples opinions are because they don't have to live with the decision, you do.
when my ex's grandma died, his grandpa got married 7 months later... his family was mad at him, but he didn't meet the woman until at least 5 months after his wifes death


her husband had been dead for 3 years i believe


the grandpa at the beginning of the mourning, was just lying on the couch drunk and sleeping all day every day, so I was happy for him when he met his new wife... i also thought it was kinda soon, but he was happy. plus, his first wife had a lot of medical issues, and with his new wife, he was able to get some again, everyone needs that before they die themselves!
well....there's no right answer for ur question however society wont accept if u dating some1 too soon. i'd say 2 or 3 years will be acceptable but every individual is different, they r some ppl who dont need to take a long time to be in the game again but there r some ppl who need years to be comfortable in a relationship. my point is whenever u're ready then u are ready in the game but dont do it too fast.
I think I would at least mourn for a year.


If something happened to my wife at this point in my life, I would be done with women anyway, lol. To much stress trying to form a meaningful relationship, and that's the only kind I would be interested in.
Most commonly accepted, is a year. However, some are very lonely and require companionship. I would never criticize anyone for not waiting a year. You have to put yourself in someone Else's shoes.
when you feel comfortable and ready to do so. This might be 6 months after, 1 year, 10 years but as long as you are ready that's what is important.
I do not think there is any acceptable answer to that, it's all about what you need and how you feel..................some people need the comfort of others, it's ok. You're only human.
Whenever you are or feel emotionaly stable to accept love and give love to someone else.....good luck.....most people say about one year
most say at least a year. but the bottom line is when you are ready sister.
I would say at least one year!
most will say a year, but you need to be sure inside that you are ready.
My mom didn't date until 7 years later.
Once he is in the dirt
When your heart tells you it's OK

No comments:

Post a Comment