Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How long did you date your spouse before you got married...?

and do you think it was long enough.How long did you date your spouse before you got married...?
I married him just over a year after I met him. I think it was long enough. My husband didn't have any secrets or insecurities that I didn't know about within the first month (he has teenaged kids).





It's hard to say, you know. You could know someone 3 weeks and marry them and the marriage is successful. You could also know someone 5 years, get married and the marriage is unsuccessful. I think a major issue is how much you ignore things that are red flags. For instance, my sister ignored the red flags before her first marriage (always late, sprendthrift with her money, but tightfisted with his, lazy, very argumentative, had to always be right). I mean these were obvious flags to just about anybody that this guy was not husband material, but she chose to ignore it and the marriage ended. They married after 3 years and divorced in less than 7.How long did you date your spouse before you got married...?
My husband and i dated for 2 yrs before we got married and yes it was long enough.





We met and started dating in high school in 1985 when i was 16 and he was 17 and got married 2 yrs later when i was 18 and he was 19 and have been happily married almost 22 yrs with 3 great kids..We have a son who is 20 and we have 2 daughters..1 is 18 and the other is almost 17.
I dated him for 1 1/2 years. At that time I didn't believe in living with someone before getting married. That turned out to be a mistake. If I had lived with him first, then I would have never married him.





You think after you date someone for that long and you see them every day that you know them pretty well, but you never really know someone until you live with them.





I am now a firm believer that when you feel you are ready to marry this person, you should make an agreement to live with each other for one year. At the end of that year, if you feel you are compatible, then you get married. If not then one of you move out and you go your separate ways. Plus you make sure you don't get pregnant during the trial period.





I didn't live with my husband first. We got married after dating for 1 1/2 years and I got pregnant right away. I found my husband to be a total jerk to live with and I wasted the next 14 years of my life trying to make a bad marriage from the very beginning work.





I will never make that mistake again.
A little over 3 months.





I think it was it was long enough for us to know each other's values, goals, dreams, and know we are in love with each other. :) (You should have seen our phone bills!) We both saw each other when we were sick and met our families.





Good luck!
We were friends for about a year, dated about 9 months and then married, totally worth it! we have 2 girls and i wonderful life! :)
It will be over three years when we get married. Yes, I think that is long enough because we have also been living together for about two.
My lady and I met on the first day of high school. We married the day after graduation 36 years ago. Life is good. I too pray that your soldier stays safe.
Ten months. Yes.
5 years. Just wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. It was definitely long enough.
For 5 years and yes it was long enough I knew almost more about him than I knew about myself.
4 months total. For us, it was long enough. Still happily married after 9 years.
5 years and yes I think it was long enough.
5 months. We've been married 22 years, so I guess it was long enough for us.
8 months.
Probably around the range of 3-5 years? I have to see what it's like to live with them first, :P
6 years
Over a year and yes.
A year and yes
22 years ..we had an affair since the age of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment