Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How often do you and your spouse get professional portraits taken?

I'm not talking about you and the kids because obviously if you have children you are going to get professional pictures taken more often......I'm talking about husband and wife with no children- how often do you (or did you before you had kids) get your pics taken at a studio?How often do you and your spouse get professional portraits taken?
I've never had me and my hubby's pic's taken professionally. We have been together for 11 years. He was in a couple of my senior pictures when I graduated from High School but that is it. Pretty pathetic, huh?How often do you and your spouse get professional portraits taken?
My wife and i only have had our pictures taken professionally once that was when we got engaged and it was the picture that ran in the paper annoucing our wedding other than that we hired professional photographers for our wedding ....we were thinking of doing the chirstmas card thing with our daughter this year ...
We had the engagement portrait, wedding, 1 year anniversary, then went to every 5 years. We do have kids and have had family ones taken but just of us 5 years seems often enough.
This marriage, we've never had it done...what's the point? But if it's like a 25 year anniversary or somekind of milestone like that, why not? But my first marriage, in my 20's, we had 2 done. I guess it depends on the occasion and where the two of you are in your life. I'm almost 40 and I just don't see the point in doing a professional photo every few years...candids are much more meaningful and most often have memories attached to them. I'd rather have a snapshot of me and my husband taken at a park when we had one of the best days yet in our marriage sitting in a frame on my desk than a professional one of us where I probably could care less what the date or occasion was. But that's just me...
Never i think its bad luck
never actually....it's on the to-do-list
None actually !!! Kinda sad !!! I need to get some !! Some of the entire family too !! One of those things I've procrastinated on too long.
we do it every two years...

No comments:

Post a Comment