Thursday, July 29, 2010

Would you stay married to a spouse that was severely brain damaged?

due to an accident when you are in your 20's or 30's? I would feel any church would let you out of a marriage that IS NO MORE. (Honestly, I would not be able to care for him if it were me, cuz I have to work). My friend is in this 'HORRIBLE SITUATION';. Plus what if you have children???Would you stay married to a spouse that was severely brain damaged?
I would stay with him because he has stayed with me and will continue to do so. I had a stroke when I was 6 and half. My brain is partly dead. Even though I can do basically anything one handed, like chop up foods, go to college, it is hard to watch ';normal'; people sometimes. Especially in September. It will be 15 years on September 20th.





There are a lot of places that help out with all sorts of difficulties, money wise.





I commend all of the above me who have stay or would stay. It makes me very happy to see others like my boyfriend.





Liz, you are extremely closed minded, and a *****.Would you stay married to a spouse that was severely brain damaged?
Yeah, its a terrible situation. Because you are not married to the man with Brain damage the thought of it would be horrifying. Your friend married this man for love I assume, so maybe she is OK with it...maybe she loves him enough to stay married to him. On the other hand though, if his brain injury is such that he is like a vegetable and he doesnt know what is going on around him....if he doesnt even recognize her or the kids, then I see no point in staying married....she deserves to be happy too and if he isnt going to know whether they are married or not, then what is the harm if she gets a divorce and tries to find happiness somewhere else.





Lots of Brain injured people are pretty bright, they know whats going on...their brain just doesnt work as it should. Sometimes with Brain injured people their mind is fine but it has affected their body. I guess it depends on the kind of Brain injury he suffered....AND of course the level of commitment and love your friend has for this man. What does she think about it? Have you discussed it with her? Ultimately this is her decision. If she decides to leave him, then she has to do it with an open mind and she cant do it if she feels guilty. My best suggestion that if she is contemplating divorcing him, she should seek some counselling because if she leaves him with any kind of guilt then it will haunt her for the rest of her life. I really do think its time she got some serious counselling.
Judging by a number of questions on here, there are many people out there married to severely brain damaged spouses. Come to think of it, that probably makes them even more severely brain damaged for marrying those particular people in the first place.
Tell your friend that no church will accept her and also inform your friend that she took a vow in front of GOD!
I would. There has to be other women for me to have sex with.
I would. My vows included in sickness and in health....





Edit:


LOL Trixie. You keep on rocking!
For better or for worse.
For better for worse...til death...








so Yes, I would stay.
mine is not do to an accident.. and he has not left me yet.
no.
Well my vows are til death do us part - so yeah I would
  • ink cartridge
  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment