Thursday, July 29, 2010

How did you meet your partner/spouse?

I love stories like these...How did you meet your partner/spouse?
At a beach party in Thailand many moons ago. Watched the sun go down and decided to go travelling around India on a motorbike. Fell in love and kissed the sky! - fantastic :-)How did you meet your partner/spouse?
We were co-workers at a toystore. He was married and the time and I was in a relationship. He ended up being promoted over me even though I had been hired first so I quit. I got a new job and hadn't seen him for about a year when I ran into him and he told me he was divorced, joining the army and he loved me. I had to wait for him to get out of basic and fifteen months for him to get home from Afghanistan, but the very next day after he arrived home we were married at the courthouse.
He drove all the way up to Michigan from Kentucky, to pick me up because my sister was throwing a halloween party and we talked all the way down to Kentucky, and by talking, I fell in love with him, and we talked at the party, and he took me out on a date and he liked me and I liked him, and we got engaged in November and married in February the next year.





He was in the Army and such a man!!!!!





16 years and loving every minute of it!!!!!
we meant in the 8th grade... went to high school together... fast forward to a year after gradation 2004 when we started dating and then became engaged in 2005, we got married in 2006, had a baby in 2007, and now are baby is going to be one in a few days, and we will be married for 2 years in a few months!
mine is a bit complicated


i was with my x boyfriend pete for 3 years since i was 14 till 17 we were living together he was 17 and i was 14 he then started working at a fabricating place and i became friends with one of the guys there called rob and we used to all go out 2gether and parties all that stuff then about 2 1/2 years into our relationship things were becoming hard as i was not working and he was all the time so he was always tired now i am with rob we have been together for a year now and its amazing ...x
I met my partner on a chat site on the internet, it took us forever to swap emails and phone numbers but to be honest we were both enjoying just talking and getting to know each other first with there being no pressure.


After a few months we swapped telephone numbers then finally met, and it was love at first sight.


After 4 months he went away to Iraq (he is in the Army) and i had to wait an agonising 7 months for him to come home..... but it was so worth it when he did !!!!! a couple of months down the line we got engaged and we are due to get married next year....... We have been together just over 2 years and when we get married we will have been together nearly 3.


I know there is still a stigma attached to meeting people on the internet but if i never logged on that night i would hate to think of what my life would be like right now !!!
We sat next to each other at a wedding about a year ago but as we were both in relationships at the time neither of us actually took much notice.


However about 3 months ago I had a party at my place and the couple from the wedding, knowing that we were both single then invited her along.


Just sort of happened from there. She's been here ever since.
Through a friend. We went to a festival for 2 days and he never spoke to me. A couple of weeks later me met in a club, went to a party and we woke up in bed together and couldn't remember a thing...it was so unromantic %26amp; undignified but we just laughed it off and have been inseperable for a couple of years now. It would have been so nice to have done the courting/dating thing though...
I met my husband through an ex I fancied the pants of him but he had a gf at the time.I saw him at the pub one night and he offered to buy me a drink his gf had ran of with my exes cousin.We have been together ever since that was 11 years ago we have been married for 3 years and have 2 beautifull children and we are still very madly in love.thanks for asking xxxxxxxxx
We met at a college where neither of us were students! He was skiving off sixth form and I was at the college with my friend who was going to get her belly button pierced at lunchtime and wanted my moral support. It took us 6 months to actually get together but were engaged three months after we finally did and now have been together for 13 years, married for 8, have a beautiful four year old daughter and another little girl due in November! Life doesn't get much better!
We went to high school together (600 students), played in the band together (50 kids), both in the percussion section (less than 10 kids)...didn't know each other! We lived within 2 miles of each other for 20 years in a pretty small town--never met! We were finally matched by eHarmony 3 years ago, and are now very happily married, thanks to them!
I'd love to share mine too!! That's a good start!!





Ok. So my cousin was asking me to guess who she liked from the class picture that she had. I quickly pointed at this guy and she had this ';Are you serious?'; reaction.





Then the same guy turned out to be a new student in my school. Our new classmate. He transferred to my school, from my cousin's school.





He said he found me attractive, but being the shy type, he just kept mum about it.





I found him attractive too and said it, but he thought that I was joking so we sort of just played along. Then we became a couple. But we only lasted for three months. We were just too young then.





We have not seen or heard from each other after that.





Seven years later, we accidentally met again. Sparks flew. So, i had to give up my boyfriend of 4 years for someone whom I may not have seen for a long time, but he is just THE ONE. Believe me, you'll know when he's the one.





So, now we're married...and 5 weeks pregnant...and really happy..
Ok so i used to work in the local pub, so i knew him but not really well, after work i had few drinks with mates and he was there so he was with us and during the evening we drew dead bodies on the floor and silly chalk games on floor. then at the end of the night he asked me back to his, in a very sweet way.. the rest is history..
I had just moved to Florida from NY about 8 months prior and was working at perkins Resturant. My husband was here in Florida from PA for the summer visiting his parents and got a job at Perkins for the summer. We fell in love and he never went back to PA. We have been together over 4 years now :)





~MLF~
I ran after him in the parking lot where I worked and asked him out. He said he had a girlfriend, but that ';he would keep me in mind.'; I was crushed and embarrassed! He came back the next week, sans girlfriend and we've been together ever since. 5 years together and married for 3+. We have 6 children... yours 2, mine2, and ours - one child together and another on the way, but we both claim the whole crazy bunch! They live with us and it's a nuthouse and we love every single minute of it! XO!
I met mine at a colleagues 40th birthday party. A good friend of mine bought a friend (my now husband), and I fell for him, love at first sight. It really does exist!


We've been together 18 years, married for 10. We've made it through some pretty tough times, and had lots of fun along the way. We love each other loads.
My friend invited me to a camp out at a Lake, and his friend invited him. I wasn't that unterested at first, cause I was going through the aftermath of a huge breakup. I thought the timing was off, but I'm sure happy we found each other!
Though my now mother in law, I worked with her and she actually lied to get us to go out on a date lol, she told him I thought he was good looking and wanted his number and vice versa and here we are 8 years later married with a 6 year old and one on the way..
on the internet.i know i shouldnt have but i suppose i knew he was the one lol.weve been married for just over a year now!and i have no regrets
Sounds very Jeremy Kyle, but he is the younger brother of a very distant ex... lol.. Been married the grand total of two months, and are very happy!!
I was 3, he was 9 and used to help the milkman deliver our milk. We met up again 20 years later at the pub, got drunk and sang karaoke together! We've been together for 17 years.
He was my Domino's pizza man it was love at first sight and we have bee together for 4 years and marred for3 and we are so happy
He was a next door neighbors' friend. We were just kids and we still are kids 60 years later.
through an old friend, she fancied him 2 but he liked me more, now married with 2 kids and 10 years later,.
The old cliche of through work...I dropped my pen a lot right by his desk!
on the internet!
At the local pub.
gloryhole, i'm ashamed to say
Drunk in a club!!
He was my boss! Need I say anymore?!
at skol... still together hes my high skol sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment