Thursday, July 29, 2010

Women: Do you discuss menopause with your spouse?

If you aren't there yet, do you ever mention it? Do you think you will talk about it some day?


If it's happening now, are you communicating to him about it or keeping to yourself?


If it's over with, what communication did you have about it?Women: Do you discuss menopause with your spouse?
My wife has been dealing with perimenopause or some such thing for 7 years now. She told me it was the reason for a lot of things way back when, but 7-years on it seems like she'll be going through one stage of it or another indefinitely.Women: Do you discuss menopause with your spouse?
I'm not going through it. The only time it's mentioned is when I tell him I wish I would go through it early so I don't have to deal with periods anymore.


When the time comes I'm sure I will be vocal about it. No sense trying to hide the unavoidable. When my mom went through it, her moods were off and she turned off the furnace (in December, in Ohio, that's a pretty cold month). I think my husband would notice those things, even if I didn't tell him. I'm not ashamed of it, so what's not to talk about?
I'm at least 20 years far from menopause so it doesnt relate to me and i don't mention it, having said that, i do mention and openly talk about my fertility, period, hormones and other issues such as waxing facial hair and plucking etc.. and when i reach menopause i think i won't afraid of talking about it.. we talk about embarrassing stuff.. such as the rash on his butt and near his anus..etc
Hasn't happened yet. HE mentions it about once a month, you know which week. He can't wait for the interruptions to go away, as long as I promise to take hormone replacements, the hubby is all excited. Me, I just think of menopause as a part of being a woman.
I haven't started yet (I'm 25) but I will discuss it with my husband when the time comes. I discuss everything with my husband.
If mine hadn't, I would have Divorced her by now. The change is a cruel thing and can really put pressure on a marriage. Now that I understand it, I can be more supporting and patient.
Any guys who can't discuss in a clinical fashion bodily functions with their wives without giggling or using euphemisms like ';pee-pee'; and ';vee jay jay'; are immature little babies who need to grow up fast.
I discuss EVERYTHING with him.


And yes, he knows about my hot flashes and irritability. Why would someone NOT talk about it, and risk being percieved as crazy?
my husband and i discuss everything...and i mean everything...so of course once i start down the path of change discussions will come up.
LOL the few times i have said anything about my menstrual cycle he turns green. so i have no idea how he will react when i get to menopause.
Yeah once a mo. for 4 days a talk about it.. HOW I CANT WAIT FOR IT..lmao im 36 and sick and tired of this monthly garbage.
I am 33 right now and you don't want to be around me when I have PMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment