Thursday, July 29, 2010

For the divorcees: how long did it take you to start referring to your spouse in the past tense?

I just know it's going to be so hard to refer to my husband as an ';ex-husband';. How long does it usually take to start doing it on a regular basis. Also, if you are in new relationship, have you ever found yourself referring to your ex as ';my husband'; or ';my wife'; in front of your new significant other?For the divorcees: how long did it take you to start referring to your spouse in the past tense?
Well, as soon as I found out the reason he was leaving after 24 years, I started to call him ASSHOLE...and 4 years later, that's the only name he'll ever get from me.





Our grown children don't like it, but I just pretend he's DEAD when they're around. Even better, lol!


And yes-- I have moved on, remarried, happier than ever.


How he went about it earned him that name.For the divorcees: how long did it take you to start referring to your spouse in the past tense?
I made an effort to start before our divorce was finalized (it took about 8 months total) and I'm doing pretty well, except when I talk to people about things or stories that occured during the time period I was married, then sometimes I mess up. Otherwise, I would say it took at least 3 or 4 months to get really used to the ';ex'; portion.
Personally as soon as it was legal to do so. It was amicable as this allows for a speedy and uncomplicated exit, but that's a personal call .. it's up to you, but I have a feeling when you feel it's time to move on you'll say it before even realizing you said it



Yes, that is normal and will take time. They say it takes one-half the length of the marriage to get over someone. Just really start working on saying my ex and it will eventually become natural to you!
It all depends on how p*** off you are, the truth about 6 months. you might even forget who he was, unless you have kids, then it makes things harder, he's not your ex he's your babies daddy.
1) about 2.4 seconds after separation


2) no, but I have referred to my new partner as husband as he feels more like one than my ex ever did
i agree with mrs g, as soon as he left i began calling him asshole, and that's all he will ever be.
I started early.


As soon as it was finished and papers filed.
day one!
No I don't I just call them my Ex's

No comments:

Post a Comment