Thursday, July 29, 2010

Should I get another dog even if spouse doesn't like the idea?

My spouse and I have this on going arguement. I want a little lap dog for me and a playmate for our Gordon Setter (she gets along well with other dogs).





My spouse relented finally about my idea and said OK but doesn't want any part of it. He made it clear he will not have anything to do with the new dog when we are at home or when we take them on camping trips with us.





We have plenty of room for two dogs, a large fenced in yard and we are both home all day. So I would like to know if anyone could give me the pros and cons of getting another dog when you have no moral support from your Spouse? Is it a bad idea?Should I get another dog even if spouse doesn't like the idea?
I honestly don't think I would get a new dog if my husband said no.Actually he has said no.But then again I already have 4.I do understand how you feel,I'd have a 100 if I could but I have a good marriage and don't want to have anything between us.It is your decision but I would think on it considerably before I did.Should I get another dog even if spouse doesn't like the idea?
It's not ideal because the dog should be loved and appreciated by everyone in the household. I'm sure once you get a new one your spouse will love it. Probably by the next morning!


Maybe go to a shelter and pick out a dog together?
I hate to say go against your spouse. If he doesnt want another dog right now, it would be better if you didnt get one. But if you are going to get one anyway, im sure your spouse will grow to love it. It'd be hard not to!


Maybe find a dog you know he'll fall for, pick some sort of dog he likes.


Think hard about his feeling though. Is that really how you want to treat your spouse?


=) Good luck!
My friend got a dog when her spouse didn't want one. Even though it's a sweet dog, it causes tension every single time it enters the room if her spouse is there. The dog is a constant reminder of how my friend didn't respect her husband enough to come to a mutual decision about whether or not to bring a living creature into their home.





At least in your case your spouse said OK, even if it was reluctantly. It will be sad for the dog, though, if one family member completely ignores it.
well why doesnt he want anouther dog if theres plenty of room? i guess it would depend on how much he hates the idea. maybe he invsions a lapdog as a noisy yappy thing that runs circles around your ankles, if thats what hes looking not to get id just make sure to get a balenced little dog who wont bother him. an see if he agrees to that conditon
That's no way to treat a dog, let alone a husband.
  • ink cartridge
  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment