Thursday, July 29, 2010

DO you ever get sick of your spouse?

Here's the deal im not married yet but i have been with my guy for 5 years. The reason we didnt get married yet is we are not financially ready. The thing is im getting sick of him? Is that normal? If you have gotten sick of your spouse before how did you fix that problem? The reason that im asking here is because we practically are married.DO you ever get sick of your spouse?
It is known as 7 year itch although you are not married but live like married couple. In the 1955 movie ';The Seven Year Itch,'; Marilyn Monroe tempts her neighbor to stray while his wife and children are away for the summer. Ever since, the seven year itch -- a period of restless angst -- has been used as an excuse for infidelity.


Now, a study suggests that such an itch is often a reality. An evaluation of 93 married couples during their first 10 years of marriage showed two typical periods of decline. (A decline was defined as a decrease in marital quality measured by taking into account passion, satisfaction with the relationship, amount of shared activity, and agreement between the partners.) he marriages started with a bang (with passion usually high), but after the ';honeymoon effect'; wore off they showed a decrease in overall quality over the first four years. The marriages then tended to stabilize before another decline set in around year eight.


The first decline, is probably a normal adjustment to new roles; the second decline is often related to the birth of children. Couples experiencing the seven year itch disagree with each other more, become less affectionate, share fewer activities, and express overall dissatisfaction with their marriages.


Statistics support the idea of a seven year itch. According to the most current figures available from the National Center for Health Statistics, the median duration of marriage was 7.2 years for couples who divorced in 1989 and 1990. Consult your partner before making plans or decisions, and if you both do that, you'll find you both get to do more of your own things. Set aside time to talk on a daily basis, even if it's just 20 minutes. Take time to get dressed up and go out on dates. If a marriage succumbs to the seven year itch, it's most likely because the couple turned a blind eye to their problems instead of solving them.DO you ever get sick of your spouse?
Are you sure it is truly him that you are sick of or just the circumstances that you are in? You say you are not financially stable enough to get married? I am sure that must really bother you and maybe make you feel like he is less than a man for not providing for you both? Has he said or not said things to you that would make you feel this way?





No I never get sick of my spouse. He is so much a part of me. Yes we all get tired of certain things, but you work thru it. You work thru all the little problems that crop up. You work thru them and move forward.





It is only when one or both partners stop wanting to work on the relationship that you run into problems.
Yup. It's called marriage. You spent A LOOOOOT of time with your spouse, and it's completely natural.





You can do one of several things:





1. Take a day to yourself. Call into work one day during the week, when he has to go in, and make it all about you. Enjoy the time you have to yourself, and remind yourself how lucky you are to have your husband.


2. Make a date with the girls! And make him make a date with the guys. I am a FIRM believer that each person in a relationship needs to have their own thing - maybe he golfs with his buddies and you shop with your girls - whatever it is, do it. You won't get bored with each other so quick if you actually have stuff to talk about with each other.


3. On that note, you each need to develop or nurture your own hobbies. Not only should you find your hobby interesting, it should make you more interesting to your partner, and vice-versa. My husband fishes - he's passionate and almost downright philisophical about it. I love listening to his stories.


4. MAKE TIME TO SPEND REAL TIME WITH EACH OTHER. Yeah, the guy sitting next to you on the couch in his boxers watching a re-run of Family Guy IS the man you married, and he CAN get boring. But even just a weekend trip t a hotel...where the whole intent is the focus on each other...can be a great boost to your relationship, and help alleviate some of that boredom.





Good luck!!!
I can't say I have. Been together for 5 years, and look forward to coming home from work every day. We enjoy our time together. Actually, I was just reflecting on how much enjoyment I get from the relationship - I used to get very lonely when I was on my own, and now my life is more rewarding. If anything, we're closer now, after 5 years together.





Not sure that being ';sick'; of your S.O. is the right feeling to have after 5 years. Of course, marriage isn't all rainbows and butterflies, but I do feel that it should be positive on the balance. If you don't feel your relationship is positive overall, try to figure out why it is so. Do you guys have different goals? Do you feel abandoned/ignored/disrespected? Do you feel some fundamental needs are not being met? There's no one ';fix'; for it - first you need to identify what some of the problems are in your particular case, then address them as appropriate for your particular relationship. It's different for everyone.
Hell Yes, my husband has gotten on my nerves so bad that i wanted to run him over wit my car. But of course i didn't and i would not. Your level of ';sickness'; is the concern here. They are going to get on our nerves and at times, we are going to look at them and be like WTF? But if the love overrides these times you are fine, but if you find your self misrable more than happy, there is nothing to make that better, that MF just not for you.
No sick of him ,sometime I was to choke the crap out of him but I will be he wants to choke the crap out of me.......wait a couple of days it goes away. Been married for 30 years...I love him to much to leave, its only natural for this to happen to a certain point.
Yeah I get sick of my husband sometimes, I think it happens to everyone. Maybe you just need to break from your routine and do something spontaneous or out of the ordinary to make things more interesting.
Yes I do get sick of my spouse sometimes. It happens and other than just dealing with it, there is nothing you can do.





%26lt;------ My husband is practically perfect and I still get sick of him
Are you with each-other a lot? I think every couple need a certain amount of time apart. I don't mean a break, just some space every now and again, some time alone or with friends, or you will get sick of each-other.
You don't you get over it, you just get enough of it, throw up or blow up, make up and start the cycle all over again. Sorry!
When I get sick of my husband, I just make sure his restraints are tightly fastened. Then I leave the room for a while. It's sound proof, so I won't have to hear his smart a z z comments.
Sometimes well ok all the time I get sick of him but I just learn to work around it and tolerate it. But I'm not ever sick of loving him.
yah, i think thats completely normal. thats why you should be able to do your own things sometimes and not constantly be around each other 24/7
Only every day. If you aren't married and you aren't sure if he's the one, then don't do it.
get out now it only gets more boring after you are married
It's like the tide! hi %26amp; low- in %26amp; out!
  • ink cartridge
  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment