Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is the spouse of a cousin also a cousin or cousin in-law?

I always use the phrase ';my cousin's wife'; or ';my cousin's husband';, as in ';John, may I introduce Martha, my cousin, and her husband Bill?';





';Cousin-in-law'; is accurate, but I have rarely heard it used except as a joke. It is an awkward phrase. I have rarely heard the term ';half-cousin';, either. If your father has a half-brother, he would be your half-uncle and his children your half first cousins, but most people I know just say ';cousin';.





If you want to really confuse people, and your situation warrants it, you could introduce someone as your ';half second cousin once removed in law';.Is the spouse of a cousin also a cousin or cousin in-law?
Depends on where you are from.





She could be your grandma if you lived in the south.Is the spouse of a cousin also a cousin or cousin in-law?
Cousins are related to you biologically (by blood), and you have an ancestor in common. Your cousins spouse is normally related only by marriage. It isn't impossible that you share an ancestor, way way back.


Far more common to use the term ';my cousins husband or wife'; as the case may be.
Well, in Chinese culture, cousins are actually extended brothers and sisters. My cousin is getting married, and I've always considered her as my older sister. So her spouse is sorta like a brother.





In White culture, usually the spouse of your cousin isn't anything to you as you're not related to them. It just depends on the way you want to think.





DarkMyrtality
In-law
OFFICIALLY COUSIN-IN-LAW BUT AWKWARD. I WOULD EITHER SAY COUSIN'S HUSBAND/WIFE .
Cousin in-law!
you can call them your cousin in law if you want to be pedantic. they are no blood relation to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment