Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Does a spouse have the right to say no to daycare?

My husband is out of town, and my babysitter bailed on me so I looked into a daycare that is right up the street they said they had a opening but my husband said no!!! they are not being put in daycare, He is either saying for me to stay home or keep my 13yr old home to watch them. I dont think his ideas are right...Does a spouse have the right to say no to daycare?
Of course he does, they're his kids too, why do some women think parenting decisions are just theirs??Does a spouse have the right to say no to daycare?
If he's not there to help out and you have no other options, you do what you have to do.





Do you trust your 13 yr old with this full responsibility? I'm not sure how old your other kids are but 13 is still realtively young. That's a big job. (And isn't the 13 yr old at school? Why should he/she miss school to babysit?)





Honestly, my son has been in daycare since he was 3 months old. He's not growing an extra head and he's not coming home with funky diseases. In fact, he loves his daycare and all his friends. He comes home and tells me stories about his day and how much fun he had.





If it's temporary, I don't see why he can't compromise. Is he not willing to compromise with you?





** ADD **


I agree that both parents should work together. It's not ';I gave birth so I decide'; as a mother. And it's also not ';what I say goes cuz I'm the man'; as a father.





You absolutely have to compromise! It goes both ways...
When there is a situation in which my wife is the one that must make the final determination I don't command her to do anything. I don't tell her NO she can't. If I had a problem with daycares I would tell her my reasonings and she would consider my opinions in context of the situation she is facing. If she ignores my opinion than perhaps next time I'll make sure I'm present to resolve the issue myself.
all 3 of my kids were in daycare. My son, who is now 17 is always on the honor roll, made it to semi finals in the spelling bee in middle school. All 3 of them are the most mannerly kids around (this is from reports from teachers, our pastor, my siblings, neighbors, etc...not just my opinion)





I fired 4 babysitters with my second child. I tried live-in, live-out...didn't work.





Daycare have more structure. They learn more. They watch less TV and get homework help. Sure you have to do your research, but you can find at least 1 that works for you. Your husband is not being reasonable.





Don't give up your job just because you are forced to. Let that be your decision. I tried that stay-at-home cra* with my 3rd one. It wasn't for me. I had a hard time trying to get my earning back to what it was before I quit.





Do what's best for you. A 13yr old can participate in afterschool activities and then the school bus can take her to a decent daycare for a few hrs. She/he will meet new friends and have a blast. At-home babysitters are highly over rated. They just want more $, go through your personal stuff, use your things, laze around your house and watch soap in 1 room while the kids run amok.





Just my 2 cents worth.
I would want to know specifics from him - Why no daycare? Is it the money or is it some uneducated neanderthal - ';I can work to take care of my family - Wife stay at home take care of kid'; routine.





Personally, I believe children do much better in daycare (better socialization, better routines, better safety) than sitting in a babysitter's house all day.
Do what you have to do...my daughter has been in a center since she was 6 weeks old and has loved it and thrived in it...Your spouse will get over it. If he really wants them to stay home - tell him to come home and take care of them himself. If not - he needs to respect your decision.
Of course both parents have the say, but he is not there. He is making it very difficult on you with no input on how to solve the problem. Staying home is not a solution, your place of employment gets tired of babysitting problems as an excuse. You better communicate with him and tell him his options are ridiculous and unreasonable.
Have you considered the cost?





Enrollment takes time as well, you have to have shot-records and what not filed with them to prove their immunizations are up-to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment