Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How to even begin to come to terms with the fact that your spouse and father of your children may pass soon?

since 2004 my husband has had type 2 diabetes..he has had 2 heart attacks within the past 2 years(1 mild and 1 severe), we still cant regulate his glucose levels.. he has had a couple ketone level scares....


i did have alot of hope that we could work hard at this and maybe things would get better and be hopeful ,until this latest news came across the news recently that diabetics that suffer mild or sever heart attacks are lucky to live thru the year that they have the heart attack..


we have 3 kids ages.. 17,15, and13..


i have thought about this alot and cant imagine how to even begin to think about how to go on and do a good job with our kids without his help.. i feel like i'm giving up already and its so scary..


any advice would greatly be appreciated...


thank youHow to even begin to come to terms with the fact that your spouse and father of your children may pass soon?
Find a good friend that you can talk to when you feel overwhelmed. It is OK to feel like you have already given up, as long as you haven't. Emotions need to be felt ~ Sit down and look at your life and all the good and happiness you have had, be thankful. Tell your husband you love him everyday, we are never promised tomorrow (illness or not), sit your children down and talk to them ~ don't scare them with doom but, prepare them for what may or may not happen. Children are stronger than we give them credit for, they will adapt. Live your life with a smile knowing you have love in your life. If it comes to pass you and your children will be prepared. No one or nothing can take away your fear, your fear is valid but, it doesn't need to overwhelm you ~ your family needs a support system. My husband is a type 1 diabetic and has other health issues, we just try to treasure our time, knowing we are blessed. And we are honest with our child (13) without scaring him and he is also treasuring our lives.....Good luck, God BlessHow to even begin to come to terms with the fact that your spouse and father of your children may pass soon?
I have type 1 diabetes, I could not get my sugars below 300 for about a year. I am 32 and have already been in DKA coma. My doctors tried everything with no result, I honestly didnt think I was going to live much longer due to all the problems. My uncle in Canada sent me a book on the program that all thier doctors put their diabetic patients on, it is called ';The G.I Diet'; by Rick Gallop. This book has literally saved my life. I was taking insulin 3 to 4 times a day. I have been on this diet for 2 months, i have lost almost 10 lbs and love the diet. You do not sacrafice anything really....Now in the last 2 months I have had to take insluin maybe 5 times. My doctor can't believe it, and now he turns all of his paitients on to this book.





But, death is part of life and you have to accept it. I came within just a few minutes of dying. I have accepted it, but I will tell you I will never give up. Get the book and at least try it, let me know how it works out. It will take time, you have to go by the book to get results....

No comments:

Post a Comment